We’ve now begun the long-anticipated flip of the calendar to 2021. With the new year upon us, we have the opportunity to begin planning for a brighter 2021 – with new goals, activities, and opportunities to create new memories.
Below we have compiled a “Top 10” list including some ideas that you and your family can participate in to keep an active and healthy lifestyle, while still learning and having fun!
‘Top 10 2021 Goals’
- Learn a new recipe
- Pick-up a new hobby
- 30 Unique Hobby Ideas for Children – FirstCry Parenting
- With So Much Extra Time For Activities, Here are 9 Easy Hobbies Your Kids Can Get Into Now – Popsugar
- Try to read a new book a week
- The 25 Best Children’s Books of 2020 – The New York Times
- The 2021 Ultimate List of Children’s Diverse Books – Here Wee Read
- Virtually explore a new place you’ve always wanted to visit
- Reach out to a friend or family member you haven’t spoken to in some time
- Take some time each day for an outdoor activity
- Explore free online art exhibitions
- 20 World Online Museums You Can Visit For Free – Ecobnb
- 12 Museums From Around the World That You Can Visit Virtually – Travel and Leisure
- Begin a daily journal of positive or inspirational happenings
- Write a letter to a family member or a friend
- Explore top free tourist destinations in your city
- Best Free Things To Do In Austin – TripAdvisor
Today is a perfect opportunity to begin a fresh start for body, mind and spirit. Reflect on the time you have for new experiences, and take the steps to encourage your loved ones to join you. Let’s work together to keep a positive outlook for the coming year, and accomplish new goals. Austin YES wishes you and your family a new year filled with joy and happiness. We look forward to your continued support throughout 2021.