Another year is quickly coming to a close, and AUSTIN YES has a year of success to celebrate.
“AUSTIN YES is grateful for the amount of support we received in 2019. We are extremely humbled by the generous members of our community,” said AUSTIN YES Executive Director Danielle Gunter. “Our mission of providing school supplies to Title 1 elementary students is one that we proudly take on every year. These efforts would not be possible without the support of our sponsors and donors who value the importance of education as much as we do.”
2019 was a year of growth and learning. Below are some of the highlights we experienced throughout the year:
- The years stared strong by providing some kid-friendly tips on how to set academic resolutions.
- We then covered the importance of reading, and its impacts on helping young learners grow.
- March gave us the opportunity to explore volunteer opportunities with local non-profits.
- SA YES hosted their annual Taste of Education and Golf Classic in April, which raised a total of $260,000 – an increase of $50,000 from 2018!.
- In the summer, we shared how to keep your student academically engaged with summer reading.
- Our Drive Away for Education raffle took place in August and raised $46,825.
- AUSTIN YES distributed free school supply kits to 8,000 children in the Austin community in August.
- We focused our attention on National Bullying Prevention Month in October, to raise awareness of bullying prevention.
- November marked National Scholarship month, where we encouraged our supporters to explore the free resources available for continuing education.
With 2020 fast approaching, we are excited to share that we have big plans to help support even more students. To stay up to date, make sure to follow us on Facebook.